Do’s And Don’ts For Kitchen Remodeling
Kitchen remodeling is one of the most popular housing projects and for plenty of good reasons. Around Kansas City alone the number of requests for this work has increased significantly.
There are several good reasons to have this done:
- You bought a house and want to customize this area to your wants and needs
- You love the house you have been in for years but feel it needs updating
- Your family at home has increased or decreased in size and you want this room to adjust accordingly
- The kitchen simply does not work for you as-is
Whatever the reason for wanting this type of work done, now it is time to consider some dos and don’ts of remodeling a kitchen.
- Do design for functionality not just looks. Focus on functional and then worry about the final esthetics.
- Don’t make walkways too narrow. It can be tempting to try to give yourself more space to work with by sacrificing pathways. When the project is complete and you have to move around it will be something you instantly regret.
- Do allow for plenty of counter space. This is especially important if you do a good deal of cooking or baking.
- Don’t forget to plan so that everything makes your life easier. Landing space near the microwave, a swing-out faucet to fill large pots and other features should all help make your life easier and save you time.
- Do plan for trash and recycling. Nothing is worse than planning out your entire kitchen perfectly and then having to place bins in plain view and blocking pathways for your trash and recyclables.
- Don’t forget to include enough outlets. The best looking kitchen can quickly look cluttered when all the plug in appliances have to live by the only electrical receptacle in the room.
Ready to Get Started?
There are plenty of other do’s and don’ts for any type of remodeling project. By working with a professional with industry expertise though, you won’t have any mistakes to deal with. The team members at Shawnee Mission Builders have enough skill, knowledge and hands-on experience to help make the best of your project.
Having been in the business since 1962 we like to think we know almost all there is to know about building and remodels. There is also a reason why 40% of our business is repeat Kansas City and surrounding area clients. And now, we would be honored to add you to our client list.
Let’s schedule an appointment for your estimate for kitchen remodeling or any other project you have. We can even help you make informed decisions and not just show up to complete a job and collect the payment.
Why You Should Choose Us
for Your Kansas City Remodeling Needs
When you choose us as your Kansas City remodeling contractor, you make the same tried and true choice that thousands of your friends and neighbors have selected for the past 50 years. We work diligently on every job site, for projects large and small to protect our reputation and earn our communities’ continued trust and support.
Need Professional Home Remodeling?
Call Shawnee Mission Builders!
Recently Posted Articles
Affordable Bathroom Upgrades In Kansas City
If you’ve been thinking about bathroom remodeling for your Kansas City home, now is a great time to get started. There are many things you can do to update the look of your guest bathrooms or master […]
Kansas City Second Story Room Additions
Sometimes, you just need a little extra room to move around and relax. If your Kansas City home is feeling cramped, consider adding additional rooms, or even an entire second story. Here are a few be […]
Our Recent Projects
What Clients Are Saying About
Shawnee Mission Builders
Everything looks great! Thanks for being patient with us. Your crew has been great to work with! [...]
The bathroom looks great! Thank you for all of your efforts and the efforts of your super team! [...]
Shawnee Mission Builders added a bathroom to my finished basement. It looks fantastic. The construction workers were friendly and did an oustanding job. [...]